Monday, April 7, 2014

Whatchutalkinbout Lisa!

I have no idea how I successfully packed for a 13-work tour. This was my thought as I was sitting on and swearing at my suitcase this morning, getting ready to leave for "Avenue Q".


Yes, I'm beginning a new adventure! A 6-week gig in Sudbury is perhaps a little less glamourous-sounding than a National Tour across 20+ cities. Ok, it IS less glamourous, but I assure you, I'm still as nervous, excited and anxious to begin this journey as I was on the last one. I've been blessed with a wicked momentum of musical theatre experiences as of late, but still consider myself very much a newbie to this world. 

As I write this, it's Monday April 7th, and I'm on my flight to Sudbury, which is about a 4 hour drive from Toronto. Home. Our first day of rehearsals for Avenue Q is on Tuesday, so the plan was to leave by bus yesterday afternoon and give myself time to settle in before getting down to business. Alas, I got a second callback for a REALLY BIG audition that I absolutely HAD to accept and it took place this Monday morning at 10am. So I shifted things around, and here I am. The audition went really well, thank you for asking! But now I have to do what performers do:  put the audition behind me and focus on the task at hand.  In this case, the role at hand.


My role? Well, if you are privy to the colour of my skin and the script of Avenue Q, you have already guessed that I am playing the role of Gary Coleman. Get your giggles out, it's true! Needless to say, this musical is a comedic piece, and comedy is well... new to me. In real life, I think I'm rather hilarious (the hubs may disagree), but I haven't really dug my teeth into a comedic ROLE - on stage OR screen - as yet. So I'm really looking forward to presenting this side of me for a paying audience. 

It also doesn't hurt that I get to live this opportunity alongside THE Michael DeRose!!!!! No big deal or anything, but he is just one of my BELOVEDS who TOURED with me in the cast of GODSPELL. You know, the same tour I posted over a dozen blogs about? The one that changed my life? If you read any of those blogs, you'll know it was the PEOPLE who were involved in that show, on AND off stage, who made that magical experience what it was. So Michael and I hit the roof when we realized we'd been hired together once again, for another piece of awesome work. I feel like I'm living a blissed life and I am SO grateful! Like, who do I owe?!?!? :-)

Ok, I've got to power off my device now before I get another glare from this flight attendant.

I love you. I don't even know who's reading this right now, but I know that I love you, lol! I've got so much to give, so why not?

Pray for my broken legs on this production... I'll do my best to keep you posted xoxoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. Good luck my beauty... I'm sure you will kill it with laughter. Break a leg or two...lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete